• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bug fixing
Hey there everyone!

This is my first dev log from the new forums and after my written finals are over and the topic of this dev log would be to briefly inform you of some of the transition bugs that we are currently working on fixing.

Although the migration from our previous forum software to this one has been overall successful with most of the threads being kept and all of the accounts successfully brought over, there are 2 areas that are currently undergoing maintenance:

1) Broken tags: Signatures, polls and posts in the old forums used different tags to format the content. As a result there are a lot of broken tags that can be found in older posts, in poll options and in some signatures. I have already started getting rid of the broken tags with the help of Avarise and I will continue to work towards getting rid of the remaining broken tags. If you spot a thread or have a signature with broken tags, feel free to report it to me and I will take a look at which tags haven't been fixed yet.

2) Missing group forum permissions: Although the transition has worked out pretty well for group permissions, the permission sets for some sub-forums for certain groups hasn't gone on very well. Many users have reported bugs like not being able to read a thread they have clicked on or they can't see the threads inside a sub-forum. I have already started fixing group permissions in many sub-forums, but we are not done yet. If you experience any problems, make sure to report them to me.

Other things that haven't been worked out yet are displaying Youtube links with the embedded player, the mention system and most of the badges haven't been brought over yet. We will try to get them all working within the next few days.

Other than that, there's a new staff meeting coming up - more updates/news to follow.

See ya!
Questions, feedback or just want to contact me?

Send me a PM or an e-mail at contact@superwerer.com !