• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lateish introduction?
Hello registered users, mods, trial mods, admins, and guests! I'm <I>Gravaged</I>. I have never heard of this forum before, and know very little about it. The namesake of the site, Superwerer, snagged me off Reddit (Which I had only joined like 2 days prior) and invited me. Music is a passion for me. Honestly if I could make music for a living, that would be rad but I am not trying to do that nor do I think it's realistic. At this point in time, I'm most interested in improving my own material and hearing what OTHER MUSICIANS think of whatever I'm requesting feedback for.
I am a multi instrumentalist, and I guess lyricist&Vocalist (but I hate being those latter two things). Specifically I play guitar, bass guitar, ukulele, some mandolin, and some synth. I typically make music in the rock vein, whether it's hard rock or on the dreamy and ethereal side of the spectrum. However I also make a lot of other genres, as I like many. Black Metal, Experimental, Noise, Various weird synthy sort of electronic pieces, dark ambient, and other things too. My biggest influence is an alternative rock genre called Shoegaze.

I know some minor music theory, and I enjoy reviewing music of fellow indie musicians! I try and be as thorough as I can in order to help whomever. If anybody has any questions, just ask. I release a fraction of my music on Soundcloud, I have two accounts because I ran out of upload time on my main one haha.
<URL url="https://soundcloud.com/mutant_christ"><U><SIZE size="150">HERE</SIZE></U></URL> is my first, and main soundcloud page
and <URL url="https://soundcloud.com/Gravaged2"><U><SIZE size="150">HERE</SIZE></U></URL> is my second, alternative page.
<B>|</B><URL url="https://soundcloud.com/mutant_christ">My Primary Soundcloud</URL> <COLOR color="#000000"><B>|||</B></COLOR> <URL url="https://soundcloud.com/gravaged2">My Secondary Soundcloud</URL><B>|</B>
If you have any questions or need to contact me, email <EMAIL email="gravaged@superwerer.com">gravaged@superwerer.com</EMAIL>
<QUOTE author="Gravaged" post_id="1428" time="1532079107" user_id="583">
Gravaged post_id=1428 time=1532079107 user_id=583 Wrote:Hello registered users, mods, trial mods, admins, and guests! I'm <I>Gravaged</I>. I have never heard of this forum before, and know very little about it. The namesake of the site, Superwerer, snagged me off Reddit (Which I had only joined like 2 days prior) and invited me. Music is a passion for me. Honestly if I could make music for a living, that would be rad but I am not trying to do that nor do I think it's realistic. At this point in time, I'm most interested in improving my own material and hearing what OTHER MUSICIANS think of whatever I'm requesting feedback for.
I am a multi instrumentalist, and I guess lyricist&Vocalist (but I hate being those latter two things). Specifically I play guitar, bass guitar, ukulele, some mandolin, and some synth. I typically make music in the rock vein, whether it's hard rock or on the dreamy and ethereal side of the spectrum. However I also make a lot of other genres, as I like many. Black Metal, Experimental, Noise, Various weird synthy sort of electronic pieces, dark ambient, and other things too. My biggest influence is an alternative rock genre called Shoegaze.

I know some minor music theory, and I enjoy reviewing music of fellow indie musicians! I try and be as thorough as I can in order to help whomever. If anybody has any questions, just ask. I release a fraction of my music on Soundcloud, I have two accounts because I ran out of upload time on my main one haha.
<URL url="https://soundcloud.com/mutant_christ"><U><SIZE size="150">HERE</SIZE></U></URL> is my first, and main soundcloud page
and <URL url="https://soundcloud.com/Gravaged2"><U><SIZE size="150">HERE</SIZE></U></URL> is my second, alternative page.
</QUOTE>
Welcome Gravaged!
I was snagged right off reddit as well, but I figured out what makes this wheel goes around, eventually.
This community has one sole purpose: to build a network for indie artists that notably strenghtens all its members.
Things are still very much under development, and over at the staff sub-forum we are having discussions every single day about where to take this ship.
If you want a more casual and intimate conversation with the people here, I suggest you join our discord server as well.

Anyways, receiving feedback is one thing, and there is plenty of that here, but you should also try out giving feedback. I was very much like you a week ago, but now I try to give feedback wherever I can, because I realise that I learn alot from analyzing other peoples music as well. Also, I see you play the mandolin, and I just have to tell you how rad that is.

Again, welcome to our community!
[Image: GFBF9Xv.png]

John Chord never forgets.

<QUOTE author="Jonathaj" post_id="1431" time="1532081301" user_id="491">
Jonathaj post_id=1431 time=1532081301 user_id=491 Wrote:<QUOTE author="Gravaged" post_id="1428" time="1532079107" user_id="583">
Gravaged post_id=1428 time=1532079107 user_id=583 Wrote:Hello registered users, mods, trial mods, admins, and guests! I'm <I>Gravaged</I>. I have never heard of this forum before, and know very little about it. The namesake of the site, Superwerer, snagged me off Reddit (Which I had only joined like 2 days prior) and invited me. Music is a passion for me. Honestly if I could make music for a living, that would be rad but I am not trying to do that nor do I think it's realistic. At this point in time, I'm most interested in improving my own material and hearing what OTHER MUSICIANS think of whatever I'm requesting feedback for.

</QUOTE>
Welcome Gravaged!
I was snagged right off reddit as well, but I figured out what makes this wheel goes around, eventually.
This community has one sole purpose: to build a network for indie artists that notably strenghtens all its members.
Things are still very much under development, and over at the staff sub-forum we are having discussions every single day about where to take this ship.
If you want a more casual and intimate conversation with the people here, I suggest you join our discord server as well.

Anyways, receiving feedback is one thing, and there is plenty of that here, but you should also try out giving feedback. I was very much like you a week ago, but now I try to give feedback wherever I can, because I realise that I learn alot from analyzing other peoples music as well. Also, I see you play the mandolin, and I just have to tell you how rad that is.

</QUOTE>

Well he actually gave really much feedback haha (or is it many)? Idk
Seem like the life I need's a little distant
<QUOTE author="DonJorge" post_id="1432" time="1532081427" user_id="230">
DonJorge post_id=1432 time=1532081427 user_id=230 Wrote:<QUOTE author="Jonathaj" post_id="1431" time="1532081301" user_id="491">
Jonathaj post_id=1431 time=1532081301 user_id=491 Wrote:<QUOTE author="Gravaged" post_id="1428" time="1532079107" user_id="583">

</QUOTE>
Welcome Gravaged!

</QUOTE>

Well he actually gave really much feedback haha (or is it many)? Idk
</QUOTE>
Yeah, I discovered that right after posting my reply :oops:
Anyways, in that case, we are very happy to have you, [mention]Gravaged[/mention], we need people like you!

<QUOTE author="Jonathaj" post_id="1431" time="1532081301" user_id="491">

</QUOTE>
Welcome Gravaged!

</QUOTE>
I'm not that old.... but I've never used Discord yet. I will go ahead and try it. I'm sure I could find it by digging around, but could you link it to me? I absolutely see the value of giving feedback and enjoy doing it and I take pride in the detail I go in to. If you want an example of such, you should check out the Tribute to X thread, the "emo rap" thread, and "Sundown City"
And if you want that same kind of feedback just pm me or link me to a posting of it here and I'd be happy to oblige and analyze! And thanks haha, I'm glad you think Mandolin is cool. It's used in Country a lot, but I like the folkier sound of it. I have yet to actually write a song with it though!
<B>|</B><URL url="https://soundcloud.com/mutant_christ">My Primary Soundcloud</URL> <COLOR color="#000000"><B>|||</B></COLOR> <URL url="https://soundcloud.com/gravaged2">My Secondary Soundcloud</URL><B>|</B>
If you have any questions or need to contact me, email <EMAIL email="gravaged@superwerer.com">gravaged@superwerer.com</EMAIL>
<QUOTE author="Gravaged" post_id="1434" time="1532081992" user_id="583">
Gravaged post_id=1434 time=1532081992 user_id=583 Wrote:<QUOTE author="Jonathaj" post_id="1431" time="1532081301" user_id="491">

</QUOTE>
Welcome Gravaged!

</QUOTE>
I'm not that old.... but I've never used Discord yet. I will go ahead and try it. I'm sure I could find it by digging around, but could you link it to me? I absolutely see the value of giving feedback and enjoy doing it and I take pride in the detail I go in to. If you want an example of such, you should check out the Tribute to X thread, the "emo rap" thread, and "Sundown City"
And if you want that same kind of feedback just pm me or link me to a posting of it here and I'd be happy to oblige and analyze! And thanks haha, I'm glad you think Mandolin is cool. It's used in Country a lot, but I like the folkier sound of it. I have yet to actually write a song with it though!
</QUOTE>
Actually, I recently got a deal on an audio library bundle, and it included a well recorded mandolin sample library, so I am currently in the early stages of writing a medieval bard-style fantasy village-ish track Smile
Also, I sent you a pm Wink

Here is the link to our discord server: <URL url="https://discordapp.com/invite/Q5NuqSD">https://discordapp.com/invite/Q5NuqSD</URL>

Thanks guys (Gender assumption), I'll check it out.
<QUOTE author="Gravaged" post_id="1441" time="1532084031" user_id="583">
Gravaged post_id=1441 time=1532084031 user_id=583 Wrote:Thanks guys (Gender assumption), I'll check it out.
</QUOTE>

How dare you! Ban incoming Big Grin
<QUOTE author="DonJorge" post_id="1447" time="1532084979" user_id="230">
DonJorge post_id=1447 time=1532084979 user_id=230 Wrote:<QUOTE author="Gravaged" post_id="1441" time="1532084031" user_id="583">
Gravaged post_id=1441 time=1532084031 user_id=583 Wrote:Thanks guys (Gender assumption), I'll check it out.
</QUOTE>

</QUOTE>
Ugh, it's one of <I>THOSE</I> forums...

Isn't this based out of Germany? I didn't think this was a thing over there
<QUOTE author="Gravaged" post_id="1448" time="1532085200" user_id="583">
Gravaged post_id=1448 time=1532085200 user_id=583 Wrote:<QUOTE author="DonJorge" post_id="1447" time="1532084979" user_id="230">
DonJorge post_id=1447 time=1532084979 user_id=230 Wrote:<QUOTE author="Gravaged" post_id="1441" time="1532084031" user_id="583">
</QUOTE>

</QUOTE>
Ugh, it's one of <I>THOSE</I> forums...

Isn't this based out of Germany? I didn't think this was a thing over there
</QUOTE>

Yep we're German haha it's not really a thing here, and it was a joke (think you got that but I'm reassuring haha)
It's fair to be skeptical, as sarcasm is unclear when in text. I got it, by your use of Big Grin . Perhaps I should have put a :lol: somewhere in my sentence. OR BETTER YET a :roll:

I'll keep these things in mind.