• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Inspirations for Music
I was wondering to myself how everyone else was inspired to create music, so I took to Super Werer and decided to make a discussion about it. So if I may ask: what inspired you to make music? I'm curious to know and the question has been sitting in my head the past couple days, so I'm posting it.
I need pancakes...
Great question! It sounds like you are asking about legitimate origins, as in what ORIGINALLY inspired me/everyone to start creating music in the first place. As a teenager, I loved guitar based music (specifically rock) so much that I just really wanted to try it out myself -- I thought it was very cool. Once I had played around with it for a little, I fell in love. Soon after I got FL Studio and was trying to make various ambient tracks inspired by Trent Reznor and Brian Eno. So rock guitar and those two musicians.

In the past few years my inspirations have primarily been addiction and a whole sort of negative emotions, boredom, and just my general love for other's music.
Would you care to share YOUR answer?
<B>|</B><URL url="https://soundcloud.com/mutant_christ">My Primary Soundcloud</URL> <COLOR color="#000000"><B>|||</B></COLOR> <URL url="https://soundcloud.com/gravaged2">My Secondary Soundcloud</URL><B>|</B>
If you have any questions or need to contact me, email <EMAIL email="gravaged@superwerer.com">gravaged@superwerer.com</EMAIL>
For me it's a little silly but it actually started out with Guitar Hero! I was really into the game and at some point I thought, "hey what if i tried out real guitar?"
And so I learned from there, and eventually I started writing guitar songs and everything branched out from there.
I have been fascinated with music (mostly soundtracks and metal) long before this, but as any good origin story, my time as a creator of music did spark off a specific moment. I was watching this guy on TV (maybe 6-7 years ago?), and he showed off a really amazing piano piece he had composed, very original piece, and he talked about the process of writing it. At that moment I remember thinking "Why am <I>I</I> not making music?", and I realized that it was not an activity reserved for some, but something you can just sit down and do. Ever since, I have been on and off composing in FL studio, but this year of 2018, I chose to dive deeper into the theory behind it all, so that one day I can make tracks that sounds absolutely professional.

In terms of "daily" inspirations, I often turn to visual art, and I think about what sounds would fit the depicted scenario best, and the imaginations is let loose.
[Image: GFBF9Xv.png]

John Chord never forgets.

<QUOTE author="Avarise" post_id="1834" time="1532587364" user_id="646">
Avarise post_id=1834 time=1532587364 user_id=646 Wrote:For me it's a little silly but it actually started out with Guitar Hero! I was really into the game and at some point I thought, "hey what if i tried out real guitar?"
And so I learned from there, and eventually I started writing guitar songs and everything branched out from there.
</QUOTE>

That's really inspiring! (I'm being honest)
Seem like the life I need's a little distant
<QUOTE author="Gravaged" post_id="1833" time="1532587062" user_id="583">
Gravaged post_id=1833 time=1532587062 user_id=583 Wrote:In the past few years my inspirations have primarily been addiction and a whole sort of negative emotions, boredom, and just my general love for other's music.
Would you care to share YOUR answer?
</QUOTE>

It may sound silly, but I got into EDM music from the Geometry Dash Lite Soundtrack, but what got me into actually <U>making</U> music is an EDM creator called Alan Walker. His style influenced me to create music, and I always look to his music for inspiration when I need it.
I need pancakes...