Kendrick Aka EarthCenturion

A place to share your art/drawings/sketches/etc!
Metalheadejie
Chapter Member

Community Badges

Kendrick Aka EarthCenturion

Post by Metalheadejie » Mon Oct 01, 2018 2:29 am

I drew this for one my first followers/fan on deviantart. EarthCenturion's O.C Kendrick.

https://www.deviantart.com/metalheadeji ... -766289879

Slythpaw
Beta Tester

Community Badges

Challenge Badges

Post by Slythpaw » Tue Oct 02, 2018 10:22 pm

Oh boy, what do we have here? Lets see whats in store for my reveiwy fingers.

Ok, so i like the premise of the picture. But something about this picture is a little... Strange compared to most of the work you make. The linework seems to be manly focused on the character. So they look very well made. I like the way they look, and overall he's well drawn. Same with the clouds, sun, and the place he's standing on, which i assume is a balcony.

What bugs me is this. My brain dissects the background into 2 pictures. One being a nice sun with some clouds over a nice balcony. And then the other part. A big... Scribbly blob. I really cant tell what the middle is supposed to be, and it kinda just... bugs me. Cause the clouds, the sun, the guy, the floor, balcony. They look so good. But that middle seems so weird.
My recommendation is to leave it blank, or keep the lines flowing in the same direction. When lines cross like such, it gives the look as if its a screen, or a mesh of some sort, and its hard to decipher what it is.
If its water, add a shine to the top and a reflection of the sun on it if its dawn. If its a grassy plain, keep the lines flowing in one direction, and make them more compact as you get closer to the dividing line at the horizon. If its tree tops, make sorta 'mm' look, that get smaller as you get to the horizon, and include occasional breaks in the trees for natural clearings. Just a few little Slythy tips. ^^

Overall though, good job. Keep up the great work! :lol:
These users thanked the author Slythpaw for the post:
Metalheadejie
Subscribe so i can buy more cookies...
https://www.youtube.com/user/slythpaw

Metalheadejie
Chapter Member

Community Badges

Post by Metalheadejie » Thu Oct 04, 2018 1:12 pm

Kendrick is standing on top of a mountain that over looks a waterfall into the sky. When i drew this i was around problems all day long. So that's probably why it translated onto paper. Thanks for the complement on EarthCenurion's O.C :)

Slythpaw wrote:
Tue Oct 02, 2018 10:22 pm
Oh boy, what do we have here? Lets see whats in store for my reveiwy fingers.

Ok, so i like the premise of the picture. But something about this picture is a little... Strange compared to most of the work you make. The linework seems to be manly focused on the character. So they look very well made. I like the way they look, and overall he's well drawn. Same with the clouds, sun, and the place he's standing on, which i assume is a balcony.

What bugs me is this. My brain dissects the background into 2 pictures. One being a nice sun with some clouds over a nice balcony. And then the other part. A big... Scribbly blob. I really cant tell what the middle is supposed to be, and it kinda just... bugs me. Cause the clouds, the sun, the guy, the floor, balcony. They look so good. But that middle seems so weird.
My recommendation is to leave it blank, or keep the lines flowing in the same direction. When lines cross like such, it gives the look as if its a screen, or a mesh of some sort, and its hard to decipher what it is.
If its water, add a shine to the top and a reflection of the sun on it if its dawn. If its a grassy plain, keep the lines flowing in one direction, and make them more compact as you get closer to the dividing line at the horizon. If its tree tops, make sorta 'mm' look, that get smaller as you get to the horizon, and include occasional breaks in the trees for natural clearings. Just a few little Slythy tips. ^^

Overall though, good job. Keep up the great work! :lol:

boomflargadude

Community Badges

Post by boomflargadude » Tue Oct 16, 2018 4:49 pm

The sky in this picture is beautiful, I like the shapes of the clouds and how proportionate they are. Your ground in this picture is also really nice, the small details make it pleasing to the eyes.I am impressed that you were able to draw the character in the middle without smudging any of the pencil within the picture, he has some crafty and complex line work present throughout their entire build. However, the one thing that bugs me is the middle section of this picture.Unlike your usual clean and well done lines, these ones are all over the place. The random aspect of the lines doesn't help because there is points where the lines do not cross even though that is the pattern present throughout the entire mid section. Other than this one set back, its a nice picture. Good work 8-)
These users thanked the author boomflargadude for the post:
Metalheadejie
Boggled