A little about me and my music.

Newcomer or returning member? Say hi to the world!
ArketypeMusic

A little about me and my music.

Post by ArketypeMusic » Mon Jul 16, 2018 11:54 am

Hello, my name is serag I am a producer and composer working with another composer. We are based in Malta. We are also currently working an album and hope to share it over here when we're done. I personally work with an iGaming company as a data administrator and junior SEO, extremely boring but helpful stuff, other than that my main passions and hobbies are philosophy, videos games and music.

My personal interpretation of the current situation in the music business and whats being shown in the spotlight is that the expression within music has been significantly toned down to the most basic, recurring problems and situations we tend to find ourselves in. Loniless, addiction, breakups, beef, government corruption or anti-government themes so on and so forth.. but truly difficult topics to think or discuss are becoming rarer as themes in music. Such as morally conflicting situations or purpose and fulfillment. Philosophy once upon a time was tightly connected to music and other things that many people consider to be deep. Now music is expressing many situations that many of us will experience being born and raised in western societies.

My end goal on how i would like my music to be presented lyrically would be in a philosophical fashion and the music supports it accordingly, many subjects can be used and they contain many insightful opinions by so many people who left their great ideas written in books. Im hoping to shed more light on these topics with my music.

What do you guys think about this concept?
These users thanked the author ArketypeMusic for the post (total 2):
SuperWererTheFrostySoul

Jonathaj
Chapter Member

Community Badges

Post by Jonathaj » Mon Jul 16, 2018 12:18 pm

ArketypeMusic wrote:
Mon Jul 16, 2018 11:54 am
Hello, my name is serag I am a producer and composer working with another composer. We are based in Malta. We are also currently working an album and hope to share it over here when we're done. I personally work with an iGaming company as a data administrator and junior SEO, extremely boring but helpful stuff, other than that my main passions and hobbies are philosophy, videos games and music.

My personal interpretation of the current situation in the music business and whats being shown in the spotlight is that the expression within music has been significantly toned down to the most basic, recurring problems and situations we tend to find ourselves in. Loniless, addiction, breakups, beef, government corruption or anti-government themes so on and so forth.. but truly difficult topics to think or discuss are becoming rarer as themes in music. Such as morally conflicting situations or purpose and fulfillment. Philosophy once upon a time was tightly connected to music and other things that many people consider to be deep. Now music is expressing many situations that many of us will experience being born and raised in western societies.

My end goal on how i would like my music to be presented lyrically would be in a philosophical fashion and the music supports it accordingly, many subjects can be used and they contain many insightful opinions by so many people who left their great ideas written in books. Im hoping to shed more light on these topics with my music.

What do you guys think about this concept?
Firstly, welcome to the SuperForums!

I believe that deeper themes are still very much present in music today, it's just oversaturated with a sea of content. With that being said, navigating this sea is impossible without stumbling upon the more shallow ends.
You have a very interesting perspective, and I can't wait to hear more from you, both through music and through words.

Feel free to join our discord server for further conversation about everything from the deepest meaning of music to the current weather. Glad to have you here! :)
These users thanked the author Jonathaj for the post:
ArketypeMusic

John Chord never forgets.

DonJorge
Administrator

Community Badges

Post by DonJorge » Mon Jul 16, 2018 12:46 pm

I don't really know what you mean and that's why I'm even more hyped for your work haha
These users thanked the author DonJorge for the post:
ArketypeMusic
Seem like the life I need's a little distant

ArketypeMusic

Post by ArketypeMusic » Mon Jul 16, 2018 2:08 pm

You said "I believe that deeper themes are still very much present in music today, it's just oversaturated with a sea of content. With that being said, navigating this sea is impossible without stumbling upon the more shallow ends."

Thats actually a pretty good point, it does seem like deeper themes are almost non existent since you'd have to search very hard to find some. Thank you for your responses guys! Look forward to show you the full work