Lateish introduction?

Newcomer or returning member? Say hi to the world!
Gravaged
Chapter Member

Community Badges

Lateish introduction?

Post by Gravaged » Fri Jul 20, 2018 9:31 am

Hello registered users, mods, trial mods, admins, and guests! I'm Gravaged. I have never heard of this forum before, and know very little about it. The namesake of the site, Superwerer, snagged me off Reddit (Which I had only joined like 2 days prior) and invited me. Music is a passion for me. Honestly if I could make music for a living, that would be rad but I am not trying to do that nor do I think it's realistic. At this point in time, I'm most interested in improving my own material and hearing what OTHER MUSICIANS think of whatever I'm requesting feedback for.
I am a multi instrumentalist, and I guess lyricist&Vocalist (but I hate being those latter two things). Specifically I play guitar, bass guitar, ukulele, some mandolin, and some synth. I typically make music in the rock vein, whether it's hard rock or on the dreamy and ethereal side of the spectrum. However I also make a lot of other genres, as I like many. Black Metal, Experimental, Noise, Various weird synthy sort of electronic pieces, dark ambient, and other things too. My biggest influence is an alternative rock genre called Shoegaze.

I know some minor music theory, and I enjoy reviewing music of fellow indie musicians! I try and be as thorough as I can in order to help whomever. If anybody has any questions, just ask. I release a fraction of my music on Soundcloud, I have two accounts because I ran out of upload time on my main one haha.
HERE is my first, and main soundcloud page
and HERE is my second, alternative page.
These users thanked the author Gravaged for the post (total 2):
DonJorgeJonathaj
|My Primary Soundcloud ||| My Secondary Soundcloud|
If you have any questions or need to contact me, email gravaged@superwerer.com

Jonathaj
Chapter Member

Community Badges

Post by Jonathaj » Fri Jul 20, 2018 10:08 am

Gravaged wrote:
Fri Jul 20, 2018 9:31 am
Hello registered users, mods, trial mods, admins, and guests! I'm Gravaged. I have never heard of this forum before, and know very little about it. The namesake of the site, Superwerer, snagged me off Reddit (Which I had only joined like 2 days prior) and invited me. Music is a passion for me. Honestly if I could make music for a living, that would be rad but I am not trying to do that nor do I think it's realistic. At this point in time, I'm most interested in improving my own material and hearing what OTHER MUSICIANS think of whatever I'm requesting feedback for.
I am a multi instrumentalist, and I guess lyricist&Vocalist (but I hate being those latter two things). Specifically I play guitar, bass guitar, ukulele, some mandolin, and some synth. I typically make music in the rock vein, whether it's hard rock or on the dreamy and ethereal side of the spectrum. However I also make a lot of other genres, as I like many. Black Metal, Experimental, Noise, Various weird synthy sort of electronic pieces, dark ambient, and other things too. My biggest influence is an alternative rock genre called Shoegaze.

I know some minor music theory, and I enjoy reviewing music of fellow indie musicians! I try and be as thorough as I can in order to help whomever. If anybody has any questions, just ask. I release a fraction of my music on Soundcloud, I have two accounts because I ran out of upload time on my main one haha.
Welcome Gravaged!
I was snagged right off reddit as well, but I figured out what makes this wheel goes around, eventually.
This community has one sole purpose: to build a network for indie artists that notably strenghtens all its members.
Things are still very much under development, and over at the staff sub-forum we are having discussions every single day about where to take this ship.
If you want a more casual and intimate conversation with the people here, I suggest you join our discord server as well.

Anyways, receiving feedback is one thing, and there is plenty of that here, but you should also try out giving feedback. I was very much like you a week ago, but now I try to give feedback wherever I can, because I realise that I learn alot from analyzing other peoples music as well. Also, I see you play the mandolin, and I just have to tell you how rad that is.

Again, welcome to our community!

John Chord never forgets.

DonJorge
Administrator

Community Badges

Post by DonJorge » Fri Jul 20, 2018 10:10 am

Jonathaj wrote:
Fri Jul 20, 2018 10:08 am
Gravaged wrote:

Welcome Gravaged!
I was snagged right off reddit as well, but I figured out what makes this wheel goes around, eventually.
This community has one sole purpose: to build a network for indie artists that notably strenghtens all its members.
Things are still very much under development, and over at the staff sub-forum we are having discussions every single day about where to take this ship.
If you want a more casual and intimate conversation with the people here, I suggest you join our discord server as well.

Anyways, receiving feedback is one thing, and there is plenty of that here, but you should also try out giving feedback. I was very much like you a week ago, but now I try to give feedback wherever I can, because I realise that I learn alot from analyzing other peoples music as well. Also, I see you play the mandolin, and I just have to tell you how rad that is.

Well he actually gave really much feedback haha (or is it many)? Idk
These users thanked the author DonJorge for the post:
Jonathaj
Seem like the life I need's a little distant

Jonathaj
Chapter Member

Community Badges

Post by Jonathaj » Fri Jul 20, 2018 10:12 am

DonJorge wrote:
Fri Jul 20, 2018 10:10 am
Jonathaj wrote:
Gravaged wrote:

Welcome Gravaged!

Well he actually gave really much feedback haha (or is it many)? Idk
Yeah, I discovered that right after posting my reply :oops:
Anyways, in that case, we are very happy to have you, [mention]Gravaged[/mention], we need people like you!

Gravaged
Chapter Member

Community Badges

Post by Gravaged » Fri Jul 20, 2018 10:19 am

Jonathaj wrote:
Gravaged wrote:

Welcome Gravaged!

I'm not that old.... but I've never used Discord yet. I will go ahead and try it. I'm sure I could find it by digging around, but could you link it to me? I absolutely see the value of giving feedback and enjoy doing it and I take pride in the detail I go in to. If you want an example of such, you should check out the Tribute to X thread, the "emo rap" thread, and "Sundown City"
And if you want that same kind of feedback just pm me or link me to a posting of it here and I'd be happy to oblige and analyze! And thanks haha, I'm glad you think Mandolin is cool. It's used in Country a lot, but I like the folkier sound of it. I have yet to actually write a song with it though!

Jonathaj
Chapter Member

Community Badges

Post by Jonathaj » Fri Jul 20, 2018 10:25 am

Gravaged wrote:
Fri Jul 20, 2018 10:19 am
Jonathaj wrote:
Gravaged wrote:

Welcome Gravaged!

I'm not that old.... but I've never used Discord yet. I will go ahead and try it. I'm sure I could find it by digging around, but could you link it to me? I absolutely see the value of giving feedback and enjoy doing it and I take pride in the detail I go in to. If you want an example of such, you should check out the Tribute to X thread, the "emo rap" thread, and "Sundown City"
And if you want that same kind of feedback just pm me or link me to a posting of it here and I'd be happy to oblige and analyze! And thanks haha, I'm glad you think Mandolin is cool. It's used in Country a lot, but I like the folkier sound of it. I have yet to actually write a song with it though!
Actually, I recently got a deal on an audio library bundle, and it included a well recorded mandolin sample library, so I am currently in the early stages of writing a medieval bard-style fantasy village-ish track :)
Also, I sent you a pm ;)

Here is the link to our discord server: https://discordapp.com/invite/Q5NuqSD

Gravaged
Chapter Member

Community Badges

Post by Gravaged » Fri Jul 20, 2018 10:53 am

Thanks guys (Gender assumption), I'll check it out.

DonJorge
Administrator

Community Badges

Post by DonJorge » Fri Jul 20, 2018 11:09 am

Gravaged wrote:
Fri Jul 20, 2018 10:53 am
How dare you! Ban incoming :D

Gravaged
Chapter Member

Community Badges

Post by Gravaged » Fri Jul 20, 2018 11:13 am

DonJorge wrote:
Fri Jul 20, 2018 11:09 am
Gravaged wrote:
Ugh, it's one of THOSE forums...

Isn't this based out of Germany? I didn't think this was a thing over there

DonJorge
Administrator

Community Badges

Post by DonJorge » Fri Jul 20, 2018 11:19 am

Gravaged wrote:
Fri Jul 20, 2018 11:13 am
DonJorge wrote:
Fri Jul 20, 2018 11:09 am
Gravaged wrote:
Ugh, it's one of THOSE forums...

Isn't this based out of Germany? I didn't think this was a thing over there
Yep we're German haha it's not really a thing here, and it was a joke (think you got that but I'm reassuring haha)

Gravaged
Chapter Member

Community Badges

Post by Gravaged » Fri Jul 20, 2018 11:27 am

It's fair to be skeptical, as sarcasm is unclear when in text. I got it, by your use of :D . Perhaps I should have put a :lol: somewhere in my sentence. OR BETTER YET a :roll:

I'll keep these things in mind.