Pulsus [Rhythm]

Share your own projects! No matter if Flash, Unity or HTML5!
Tetro
Chapter Member

Community Badges

Pulsus [Rhythm]

Post by Tetro » Sun Jul 29, 2018 6:11 pm

Hello!
I'm making a topic on here to talk about my new game Pulsus, which is currently being made.
There will be a public beta open eventually, and I'm just here to show off some features and generally gage the public interest.

The squares shown on the game board will grow until they touch the border of the game board. You must try and tap the corresponding key on the keyboard when it reaches full size to get max 100 points.
[Top Left = R, Top Middle = T, Top Right = Y
Mid Left = F, Center = G, Mid RIght = H,
Bot Left = V, Bot Middle = B, Bot Right = N]

You can be rewarded up to 100 points for best timing, but hitting it too early or too late will result in getting either 50, 20, or 0 points.

Points are displayed in the center of the header, accuracy is on the left, and the combo is on the right.

Health is also displayed at the top as a white bar, the worse you perform, the lower it drops, and when it hits 0, you fail.

When a level is completed, it will display your stats, along with a graph of your performance throughout the level.

There will also be an in-game level editor, allowing users to create and share their own levels.

(Here's what the level select gui looks like in case you were wondering too)

The game will be made in HTML5, JavaScript, & Processing.JS

Leave any questions or comments and I'll make sure to respond :D
These users thanked the author Tetro for the post (total 2):
SuperWererDonJorge
lurk

CristiR_47

Community Badges

Post by CristiR_47 » Sun Jul 29, 2018 6:28 pm

I hope you will improve on the GUI but at the same style keep the modern,sharp and clean look,I personally love it and there is no one who could not like it.
The design and the concept is actually really neat,so I hope this progresses futher.I am also quite a fan of rythm games,not so good at them but I enjoy clicking to the music.The rythm games that I play are osu! and Geometry Dash.So,overall,good luck,this is a nice concept.
These users thanked the author CristiR_47 for the post:
Tetro

DonJorge
Administrator

Community Badges

Post by DonJorge » Sun Jul 29, 2018 7:51 pm

i would love to test that! so as i understood its kind of like guitar hero? and will it be available on android?
These users thanked the author DonJorge for the post:
Tetro
Seem like the life I need's a little distant

Death Gun

Community Badges

Post by Death Gun » Sun Jul 29, 2018 8:02 pm

I'm really curious, I want to try this out. Impatient to see this!
These users thanked the author Death Gun for the post:
Tetro
Come here see the Ðeath Gun's channel : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0dYYa ... v2Vdmxxjvg

Tetro
Chapter Member

Community Badges

Post by Tetro » Sun Jul 29, 2018 8:13 pm

DonJorge wrote:
Sun Jul 29, 2018 7:51 pm
i would love to test that! so as i understood its kind of like guitar hero? and will it be available on android?
I guess it would be close to how that game works, having to time it to the right spot so yeah, you could think of it like that :)
Also yes, if I can somehow find a way to put it on mobile, it will be. I just haven't yet; And even if I did, that wouldn't be anytime soon.
lurk

Tetro
Chapter Member

Community Badges

Post by Tetro » Fri Aug 03, 2018 11:27 am

Opening a closed beta soon! If you are interested in joining, just make sure to let me know on here or on discord :)
The game is going to be hosted on Newgrounds for now, so you're going to have to give me your account name so I can add you as a Beta Tester.
lurk