[Community Label] How to get started

All about our community label of independent music creators!
Post Reply
User avatar
SuperWerer
Administrator
Posts: 455
Joined: Tue May 08, 2018 1:11 pm
Points: 40599.00
Location: Hesse, Germany
Has thanked: 348 times
Been thanked: 119 times

Community Badges

[Community Label] How to get started

Post by SuperWerer » Sun Jul 15, 2018 7:04 pm

Hey all, here is a step by step guide on how to get your soundtracks uploaded on our Youtube channel, or our "community label" as it's called.

Join the label

This is a one time process that can by be done simply by sending me a message saying that you want to join the label on here or send me an e-mail at contact@superwerer.com saying so.


How to upload a track

To upload a track on our Youtube channel, we need 2 (3) things:

1) Your track's sound file (No remixes of tracks from other authors allowed)
2) Your permission to do so (send the example text below - fill out the brackets)
3) A background picture for the video (optional)

Since you are the original creator and the copyright-holder, we need permission from you for every track you want to upload, so that we can legally distribute it without violating your rights. An example text can be found in the example below.

The e-mail must be sent to contact@superwerer.com and must be sent from the e-mail that you use for your Youtube account.

Note: The permission text below must be sent with the sound file and the image (if there is one) in the same mail!


Example
Hey SuperWerer team,

I would like you to publish the following track: [Track's title] - [Genre] made by me, on the SuperWerer Youtube channel. The SuperWerer Youtube channel can be found here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2gPk1 ... UQ15j_1x2g . The track is my original work and can be found as attachment in this e-mail.

Furthermore, I grant you permission to upload and distribute this soundtrack on the channel stated above. You may upload, distribute and monetize it-put ads on the video, as long as my author's username is mentioned in the title of the video and in the description. In the description you may also provide users with my donation link (see below). I reserve the right to withdraw from this agreement by sending you an e-mail containing the following information: Track's name, date of uploading. The track must be taken down from the SuperWerer channel (stated above) within 72 hours. In case I provide a background picture or a video (with or without an audio visualizer) for the track in this e-mail, I also give you the permission to include it in the video. The background picture or the video is also my original work. In case I do not provide a background picture or a video, you can use in the Youtube video the SuperWerer background image of your choice. Moreover if a background image (or a frame from the video, if a video is provided) can be used as thumbnail of the video. If neither an image or a video is provided, you can choose a SuperWerer default picture of your choice as thumbnail. An e-mail address, by which users can contact me can be included in the description of the video (if provided).

Again, here is the relevant information concerning the upload of my track:

Track's name: [Name]
Artist's name: [Username]
Contact e-mail address: [E-mail]
Donate URL: [URL]


Don't forget to include the background picture (or video) AND the track's file as an attachment in the same e-mail. You can't provide them in separate e-mails.

This is a a text example, that I highly advise you to use. A hand-written text by yourself may miss important points and I may not be able to accept it.


Questions? Post below or send me a mail at contact@superwerer.com
These users thanked the author SuperWerer for the post:
Scorsent
Questions, feedback or just want to contact me?

Send me a PM or an e-mail at contact@superwerer.com

User avatar
TheFrostySoul
Beta Tester
Posts: 292
Joined: Mon Jul 09, 2018 11:37 pm
Points: 890.00
Location: SuperWerer but it's a Country
Has thanked: 85 times
Been thanked: 54 times

Community Badges

Post by TheFrostySoul » Fri Jul 20, 2018 9:51 pm

I have a question about the donations: do I have to have a donation link? The message said ") Provide us with a contact e-mail address that viewers of the video can see in the description box to contact you (be it for licensing, feedback, etc.), a donate link(if any) of yours", but later in the message it says "Again, here is the relevant information concerning the upload of my track: Track's name: [Name] Artist's name: [Username] Contact e-mail address: [E-mail] Donate URL: [URL]." So do I need to have a donate link or not?
I need pancakes...

User avatar
SuperWerer
Administrator
Posts: 455
Joined: Tue May 08, 2018 1:11 pm
Points: 40599.00
Location: Hesse, Germany
Has thanked: 348 times
Been thanked: 119 times

Community Badges

Post by SuperWerer » Fri Jul 20, 2018 9:54 pm

You don't need to provide one if you don't want, it's optional :)
These users thanked the author SuperWerer for the post:
TheFrostySoul
Questions, feedback or just want to contact me?

Send me a PM or an e-mail at contact@superwerer.com

User avatar
TheFrostySoul
Beta Tester
Posts: 292
Joined: Mon Jul 09, 2018 11:37 pm
Points: 890.00
Location: SuperWerer but it's a Country
Has thanked: 85 times
Been thanked: 54 times

Community Badges

Post by TheFrostySoul » Fri Jul 20, 2018 10:02 pm

SuperWerer wrote:
Fri Jul 20, 2018 9:54 pm
You don't need to provide one if you don't want, it's optional :)
Great!!
I need pancakes...

User avatar
Gravaged
Chapter Member
Posts: 392
Joined: Thu Jul 19, 2018 12:58 am
Points: 6150.00
Location: California
Has thanked: 82 times
Been thanked: 169 times

Community Badges

Post by Gravaged » Sat Jul 21, 2018 7:06 am

Indie label? Indie electronic stuff, huh? Maybe I'll have to switch over to grand composition and/or electronic. I'd stick out like a sore thumb otherwise
|My Primary Soundcloud ||| My Secondary Soundcloud|
If you have any questions or need to contact me, email gravaged@superwerer.com

User avatar
Sub001
Chapter Member
Posts: 58
Joined: Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:31 pm
Points: 2690.00
Location: Philippines
Has thanked: 20 times
Been thanked: 13 times

Community Badges

Post by Sub001 » Sat Jul 21, 2018 12:14 pm

Hi hello!

Can i attach a .wav file? or does it have to be mp3?

User avatar
SuperWerer
Administrator
Posts: 455
Joined: Tue May 08, 2018 1:11 pm
Points: 40599.00
Location: Hesse, Germany
Has thanked: 348 times
Been thanked: 119 times

Community Badges

Post by SuperWerer » Sat Jul 21, 2018 12:16 pm

Sub001 wrote:
Sat Jul 21, 2018 12:14 pm
Hi hello!

Can i attach a .wav file? or does it have to be mp3?
It can also be .wav :D
These users thanked the author SuperWerer for the post:
Sub001
Questions, feedback or just want to contact me?

Send me a PM or an e-mail at contact@superwerer.com

User avatar
DonJorge
Administrator
Posts: 373
Joined: Fri Jun 15, 2018 8:41 pm
Points: 6145.00
Location: Germany
Has thanked: 169 times
Been thanked: 78 times

Community Badges

Post by DonJorge » Sat Jul 21, 2018 12:29 pm

Gravaged wrote:
Sat Jul 21, 2018 7:06 am
Indie label? Indie electronic stuff, huh? Maybe I'll have to switch over to grand composition and/or electronic. I'd stick out like a sore thumb otherwise
Haha that's no problem
Seem like the life I need's a little distant

User avatar
Minecraftssyt
Member
Posts: 13
Joined: Wed Jun 20, 2018 4:09 pm
Points: 300.00
Location: Alabama, USA
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 5 times

Community Badges

Post by Minecraftssyt » Mon Jul 23, 2018 8:48 pm

you said bellow wrong, its "below"
[https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLEoc ... PS6XpSdjug
Click that to view my channel, and pls sub :D
My main goal is to hit 100 subscribers, can you pls do that? thx :)

User avatar
SuperWerer
Administrator
Posts: 455
Joined: Tue May 08, 2018 1:11 pm
Points: 40599.00
Location: Hesse, Germany
Has thanked: 348 times
Been thanked: 119 times

Community Badges

Post by SuperWerer » Mon Jul 23, 2018 8:50 pm

Corrected.
Questions, feedback or just want to contact me?

Send me a PM or an e-mail at contact@superwerer.com

User avatar
Sub001
Chapter Member
Posts: 58
Joined: Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:31 pm
Points: 2690.00
Location: Philippines
Has thanked: 20 times
Been thanked: 13 times

Community Badges

Post by Sub001 » Wed Jul 25, 2018 8:18 am

Ok then!

Also 2 more questions...

1.) Can i have my soundcloud in the description?

2.) Can the video be a visualizer that I made?

Tnx.

-Sub
These users thanked the author Sub001 for the post:
SuperWerer

User avatar
DonJorge
Administrator
Posts: 373
Joined: Fri Jun 15, 2018 8:41 pm
Points: 6145.00
Location: Germany
Has thanked: 169 times
Been thanked: 78 times

Community Badges

Post by DonJorge » Wed Jul 25, 2018 10:29 am

Sub001 wrote:
Wed Jul 25, 2018 8:18 am
Ok then!

Also 2 more questions...

1.) Can i have my soundcloud in the description?

2.) Can the video be a visualizer that I made?

Tnx.

-Sub
1. Yes
2. I would say also yes but [mention]SuperWerer[/mention] has to agree :)
Seem like the life I need's a little distant

User avatar
SuperWerer
Administrator
Posts: 455
Joined: Tue May 08, 2018 1:11 pm
Points: 40599.00
Location: Hesse, Germany
Has thanked: 348 times
Been thanked: 119 times

Community Badges

Post by SuperWerer » Wed Jul 25, 2018 10:35 am

Sub001 wrote:
Wed Jul 25, 2018 8:18 am
Ok then!

Also 2 more questions...

1.) Can i have my soundcloud in the description?

2.) Can the video be a visualizer that I made?

Tnx.

-Sub
As [mention]DonJorge[/mention] said yes. However I will need to make a new e-mail permission that you'll need to send to cover the visualizer^^
These users thanked the author SuperWerer for the post:
Sub001
Questions, feedback or just want to contact me?

Send me a PM or an e-mail at contact@superwerer.com

User avatar
Sub001
Chapter Member
Posts: 58
Joined: Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:31 pm
Points: 2690.00
Location: Philippines
Has thanked: 20 times
Been thanked: 13 times

Community Badges

Post by Sub001 » Thu Jul 26, 2018 9:13 am

Ok then!

Thanks!

-Sub

User avatar
MrMeow
Member
Posts: 11
Joined: Mon Jul 30, 2018 9:36 pm
Points: 230.00
Location: Canada
Has thanked: 7 times
Been thanked: 7 times
Contact:

Community Badges

Post by MrMeow » Tue Jul 31, 2018 7:35 am

I was just curious, if I wanted to go forward with being under your label but I still wanted people to be able to freely remix it, would that be allowed?
These users thanked the author MrMeow for the post:
SuperWerer

User avatar
SuperWerer
Administrator
Posts: 455
Joined: Tue May 08, 2018 1:11 pm
Points: 40599.00
Location: Hesse, Germany
Has thanked: 348 times
Been thanked: 119 times

Community Badges

Post by SuperWerer » Tue Jul 31, 2018 7:39 am

MrMeow wrote:
Tue Jul 31, 2018 7:35 am
I was just curious, if I wanted to go forward with being under your label but I still wanted people to be able to freely remix it, would that be allowed?
Yes. you are still the original creator of the piece and you can decide who can use/remix your work. We just get the permission to upload, distribute and potentially monetize it on our Youtube channel.
Questions, feedback or just want to contact me?

Send me a PM or an e-mail at contact@superwerer.com

User avatar
MrMeow
Member
Posts: 11
Joined: Mon Jul 30, 2018 9:36 pm
Points: 230.00
Location: Canada
Has thanked: 7 times
Been thanked: 7 times
Contact:

Community Badges

Post by MrMeow » Tue Jul 31, 2018 8:03 am

SuperWerer wrote:
Tue Jul 31, 2018 7:39 am
MrMeow wrote:
Tue Jul 31, 2018 7:35 am
I was just curious, if I wanted to go forward with being under your label but I still wanted people to be able to freely remix it, would that be allowed?
Yes. you are still the original creator of the piece and you can decide who can use/remix your work. We just get the permission to upload, distribute and potentially monetize it on our Youtube channel.
The only problem with that is that I already distribute my music to online stores like Spotify and Apple Music. Besides that the label sounds like a good idea.

User avatar
SuperWerer
Administrator
Posts: 455
Joined: Tue May 08, 2018 1:11 pm
Points: 40599.00
Location: Hesse, Germany
Has thanked: 348 times
Been thanked: 119 times

Community Badges

Post by SuperWerer » Tue Jul 31, 2018 8:17 am

MrMeow wrote:
Tue Jul 31, 2018 8:03 am
SuperWerer wrote:
Tue Jul 31, 2018 7:39 am
MrMeow wrote:
Tue Jul 31, 2018 7:35 am
I was just curious, if I wanted to go forward with being under your label but I still wanted people to be able to freely remix it, would that be allowed?
Yes. you are still the original creator of the piece and you can decide who can use/remix your work. We just get the permission to upload, distribute and potentially monetize it on our Youtube channel.
The only problem with that is that I already distribute my music to online stores like Spotify and Apple Music. Besides that the label sounds like a good idea.
You can further distribute your music yourself. What the permission basically does, is that it allows us to upload, distribute and monetize the track on the Youtube channel, but is not extended to anything beyond that like selling licenses or such, so you are still in control.
Questions, feedback or just want to contact me?

Send me a PM or an e-mail at contact@superwerer.com

User avatar
MrMeow
Member
Posts: 11
Joined: Mon Jul 30, 2018 9:36 pm
Points: 230.00
Location: Canada
Has thanked: 7 times
Been thanked: 7 times
Contact:

Community Badges

Post by MrMeow » Tue Jul 31, 2018 8:18 am

SuperWerer wrote:
Tue Jul 31, 2018 8:17 am
MrMeow wrote:
Tue Jul 31, 2018 8:03 am
SuperWerer wrote:
Tue Jul 31, 2018 7:39 am
MrMeow wrote:
Tue Jul 31, 2018 7:35 am
I was just curious, if I wanted to go forward with being under your label but I still wanted people to be able to freely remix it, would that be allowed?
Yes. you are still the original creator of the piece and you can decide who can use/remix your work. We just get the permission to upload, distribute and potentially monetize it on our Youtube channel.
The only problem with that is that I already distribute my music to online stores like Spotify and Apple Music. Besides that the label sounds like a good idea.
You can further distribute your music yourself. What the permission basically does, is that it allows us to upload, distribute and monetize the track on the Youtube channel, but is not extended to anything beyond that like selling licenses or such, so you are still in control.
Ah ok, that's good to know. In that case, I'd love to join the label.
These users thanked the author MrMeow for the post:
SuperWerer

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests